This week I was reading an article titled “Why BloggingMatters to Businesses” and it talked about how blogs are meant to create a
personal, relatable image for the business to market to their customers. It
said to create an identity complete with a “voice” of the company. This made me
think, what would I look for in a bloggers “voice”? Now I recognize that I
would have no idea who is truly writing the blog, but would I relate to an
individual better than a company? For example, if I could read Henry Ford’s
blog about how the Ford Motor Company is doing, what ways they are being
innovative in the automotive industry, indirect, subtle hints at how they are
beating the competition, would I enjoy that more than a Ford Motor Company blog?
(Please note, this is just an example and we should imagine that we are in the
starting days of Ford, before Henry’s death.) I believe that I personally would
prefer to read Henry’s blog to get a personal aspect of the company. I would
have a name and a face to match up with writing instead of a company logo. What
about you? What type of blog would you prefer to read? An individual’s or a
company’s?

No comments:
Post a Comment